Bosnia and Herzegovina
Bosnia and Herzegovina, a country on the Balkan Peninsula in southeastern Europe, encompasses mountainous terrain, medieval villages and Muslim and Christian landmarks. Its countryside is marked by deep gorges, turquoise rivers and lakes, and the Dinaric Alps’ forests and crags. It’s a popular destination for outdoor sports such as hiking, mountain biking, white-water rafting and skiing.
Use the map below to explore Bosnia and Herzegovina
Did you know?
- The climate features hot summers and cold winters. In higher elevations of the country, summers tend to be short and cold while winters tend to be long and severe
- 3.8 million population
- The country has over 19,700 square miles of land
- The cuisine in Bosnia and Herzegovina include different types of meat and vegetable dishes with varying levels of spices. Some dishes include Bosnian Cevapi with onions, Sarma,or a Bosnian rolled Burek.
- The Country is nicknamed the “heart shaped land” due to the country’s slight heart shape
- Bosnian, Serbian and Croatian are the official languages
- The most popular faiths are muslim, eastern orthodox and catholic
- 97% of adults can read
- Bosnia and Herzegovina has the 10th highest coffee consumption in the world
- Bosnia and Herzegovina played their first official world football tournament in the 2014 world cup
Useful links, listings and resources
Best Car Rental
For all your car rental needs, the best choice in the market!view website →
Spa Vrucica Teslic
The Banja Vrucica is located in the northern part of Bosnia and Herzegovina, near the town of Teslic. Surrounded by deciduous and coniferous forests on rolling hills and mountainsides, with close proximity to the river Usora, the health resort offers a beautiful setting to relax and unwind. Located 230 m above sea level, here you can enjoy a temperate continental climate. The clean air, the healing thermal waters, as well as the picturesque landscape and extensive health treatment gives good basis for a restful and relaxing stay. All hotels are located close to each other, within 200 meters.view website →
download information pdf ↓